Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend blahs

Still no good news on someone/anyone wanting to buy my house. Every time I get the slightest bit of hope that a buyer has appeared, that hope is ripped away from me. It happened again yesterday. It's not a definite "no" right now, but I am not too optimistic that it'll be a "yes." So...I wait. More.

I have two more boxes of B's stuff ready to ship out to her. After that, I have five boxes left. Then, her stuff is gone. My dining room is full of stuff to get rid of. I plan to have a "moving sale" in two weeks. Whatever is left after that is getting donated somewhere.

Yesterday, I decided that the big ol' 3/4 empty entertainment center had to go. It's now sitting off to the side in the living room waiting for sale day. I hope it goes. I took an old wood cabinet, that in previous lives served as the base of an altar, an office-supply cabinet, and an all-purpose junk cabinet, and I refinished it. It looks pretty good. I cut a hole in the back for electrical cords and my dvd player now rests inside on the shelf. My small dvd collection is below that. And all of my candles are safely stored on the other side. The whole setup looks so much nicer than the gargantuan entertainment center. It's now a much simpler, and uncluttered, look. This photo didn't come out too well. It's a dark, rainy gloomy day here, and the color on the cabinet looks more red than it is. It's actually a darker espresso color, and the color is more consistent than this photo shows.

Speaking of dvds, several years ago, B bought Angels in America for me for some occasion. I never watched it until this weekend. I wanted to see it because Emma Thompson is in it, and I will watch ANYTHING with her. Basically, Emma Thompson could fart "God Save the Queen" and I'd be enthralled, ok? So, anyway, this film was not what I expected. It was good, but I wasn't nuts about it. So, I packed it up in one of the boxes to go to B and she can watch it.

I guess I'll get back to my blah weekend. Or rather, what's left of it.

No comments: