Thursday, June 5, 2008

A lot has changed

Since my last post, a lot has changed in my life. In fact, my life was completely turned upside down. I was blindsided. The rug was pulled out from under me. You get the picture. My partner of ten years decided to move on in her life without me. It's over. No indication whatsoever.

Now here I am, 2 1/2 months after the breakup and I'm surviving. Our house is on the market. I'm still living here. She has moved many states away. It has been an emotional rollercoaster over the past two months, but I'm really trying to remain positive.

The world is wide open to me now. I have a passport and a credit card, so I can go anywhere I want to. I've thought about maybe getting certified in TEFL so that I can teach English abroad somewhere. Or, maybe I'll become an expat! Either way, I want and NEED to travel. As soon as the house sells and I can get the hell away from here, I want to see what's out there. All I can do for now is save money and plan and dream.

No comments: